Terms & Conditions
Membership Terms & Conditions
Annual Membership is valid for 1 year after the date of purchase.
You must provide a high res photograph to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note we will only use any photos sent to us to produce your membership Card. No photos are stored in any database. We cannot process your membership without a photo)
Memberships purchased after 14th March 2016: When you purchase your membership you will have the option to have the card sent to you by post or you can opt to collect your card on the day of your visit. When you purchase your membership you will be given a membership number. You will need to input this number at the time of booking to apply your membership discount.
On the day of your visit to the 417 Project you MUST produce your membership card at the entrance gate. No membership card = Paying the additional amount to come in!!!!!!
Once a membership is purchased there is strictly NO refunds at any time – You must be aware of this when you book!!
Flyup Ltd reserves the right to change its Terms and Conditions at any time.
When you book your visit to the Flyup 417 Project by phone or via the website you are required to agree to our terms and conditions. We know it’s boring but it’s important that before you book you know exactly what you are agreeing to. If you have booked on behalf of others you are also agreeing that you have made them aware of the terms and conditions.
Regardless if you are a regular or a newbie these are the rules so please kindly respect them! Rude or aggressive behavior because we stick by these will not be tolerated! We are normally inundated with late cancellation requests (hence the tough policy) so please understand any emails, texts or phone calls for credits and refunds will not be acknowledged within the 2 days before your uplift or on your uplift day – please don’t be offended or be angry if you don’t get a reply.
IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
To try and be as fair as we can to our customers we give you the opportunity to transfer your booking/credit note/voucher to another date free of charge up to 8 days before your uplift day. Any bookings requesting a refund outside of 8 days will be incur a £5 admin charge.
In the 8 days before your uplift no refunds under any circumstances will be given for bookings that are cancelled and any credit notes/vouchers will expire. Within this period and only up to 2 full days before your uplift your booking can be changed to another date or you can have a credit to use another time and will be subject to a £10 per rider admin charge.
Within the 2-day period before your uplift we are unable to transfer any bookings to another date or do a refund. Your booking will be subject to full cancellation charges. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS WHEN YOU BOOK! There are no exceptions to this rule!
If the forecast is for bad weather and you feel you need to cancel, while the trails and uplift are still open and in operation we cannot refund or transfer your booking. If you book a day at the Project in the winter you have to accept the weather will be unpredictable!
IF WE HAVE TO CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
Sometimes things we cannot control like the extreme weather conditions or for operational reasons will give us reason to cancel at short notice. During the winter months if the roads are too dangerous to drive on due to snow/ice or we have high winds then we will have to cancel due to safety implications. We will not cancel the uplift for rain.
We will try and give you as much notice as possible and will transfer your booking to another date (no refunds will be allowed). Flyup will take no financial responsibility for any other costs incurred for these cancellations (for example travel costs/accommodation costs). We will try and give you as much notice as possible and will give you an open credit note to use another time. If the weather causes the uplift to close during the day we will assess any credit owed for under 9 uplift runs – over 10 runs is considered a full day and no credit or refund will be issued. Although the uplift might stop running the trails are still open for you to use.
It is important that the contact number and email address left when booking are the correct details to get hold of you should we need to cancel. Please check your emails and texts before you set off. We would also ask that the names of all riders are put on the booking form correctly, If we need to issue credit notes then these will only be valid for the names on the booking.
Please do note rain does not affect our service and we will not cancel for these conditions – this is an all year round sport; do not expect the British weather to always be on your side.
Flyup Ltd reserve the right to change its Terms and Conditions at any time.
Flyup 417 Project Rules!
- Always have your mobile phone with you and make sure it is fully charged.
- Stay in control at all times. It is your responsibility to avoid crashing into other riders and objects around you!
- Be respectful and aware of other riders varying skill levels, we all had to start somewhere.
- Do not stop where you obstruct the trail or are not visible to other riders.
- When entering a trail, you must always check that the trails are clear and give way to other riders coming down the trail.
- Respect the trail grading’s, read the grading descriptions, start on the easy trails and do not ride any disciplines at the 417 Project that are beyond your current level of ability.
- If a rider is hurt, do not move them; notify the Flyup 417 Project staff immediately. Call 999 immediately if someone is seriously injured and unconscious .
- Keep off closed trails and obey all signs and warnings.
- Stay on marked trails only. Anyone found altering or creating seperate trails will be asked to leave the 417 Project and banned for life.
- The 417 Project is privately owned. Any riders found riding when the facility is closed will be prosecuted for trespassing and Flyup reserve the right to ban riders from the Project for life.
- Do not push or ride up downhill trails.
- Do Not Litter! Please take your litter home with you or place into a bin provided.
- NO SMOKING ANYWHERE ON THE LAND, INSIDE BUILDINGS, OR UPLIFT BUSES. SMOKING IS ONLY PERMITTED IN THE DESIGNATED AREA
- You are not welcome at the 417 Project if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You must not use any of the facilities if under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Rude or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone acting in a rude or aggressive manner will be banned for life from the 417 Project.
- All riders under the age of 16 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by a legal guardian (over 18) at all times (excluding coaching sessions, however an adult must still remain on site at all times)
Before riding always inspect your equipment or have it checked by a qualified bike mechanic.
- Helmets are mandatory, ensure that your helmet is in good shape and properly adjusted; we recommend the use of full face protection helmets. Gloves and body armour are highly recommended.
- Inspect bike frame for cracks, damaged or dented areas.
- Check your brakes
- Front and rear axles (quick release or bolt through) should be tight.
- Headset and stem must be secure with no looseness or play.
- Check that your tyres are in good condition, with plenty of tread and no cuts or abrasions in the sidewall and that rims show no cracks or signs of weakness and all spokes are tight and intact.
- Handlebar and handlebar grips must be tight and unable to spin.
- Seat and seatpost need to be fastened securely.